Nominate Successful Private Company Boards
Recognize your own board or a board that you admire ... it's easy!
WHAT IS THE PRIVATE COMPANY BOARDS OF THE YEAR AWARD?
Private Company Director, Family Business and Directors & Boards present the fifth annual Private Company Boards of the Year award, which recognizes private company boards who best serve their stakeholders — owners, shareholders, employees and community. These boards will exhibit best practices in their structure, practices and performance. The award is open to fiduciary or advisory boards of private companies of all sizes and ownership structures. Size of the company, or indeed, of the board, doesn’t matter.
WHAT CRITERIA IS USED?
- The board’s involvement in a significant business turnaround.
- The board’s ability to identify and resolve a business crisis.
- The board’s development and execution of a successful CEO succession plan.
- The board’s commitment to continuing excellence through training and board evaluations.
- The board’s evolution to mostly or fully independent members.
- The board’s adherence to the highest governance standards, beyond what’s required by law.
There are many other areas where a board may excel, and these are just some of the criteria we’ll use. We’re looking for boards which exhibit best practices as a group.
WHO CAN NOMINATE?
The nomination process is simple. Nominations may be made by anyone with knowledge of the board — board members, company executives, company owners and shareholders, advisors to the board, or other colleagues.
All nominations will be vetted by the editorial teams of Private Company Director, Family Business and Directors & Boards with brief phone interviews. Finalists will be selected and submitted to a panel of key private company board members and governance experts, who will make the final decision.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION
- The full board will be recognized at an awards presentation during the Private Company Governance Summit 2020 in Washington, D.C. Two representatives of the honored boards will receive free registrations to the conference.
- The board will be profiled in an upcoming issue of Private Company Director.
- The board will receive a trophy for display in the boardroom.
|Nomination deadline: March 20, 2020|