Nominate Successful Private Company Boards
Recognize your own board or a board that you admire ... it's easy!
WHAT ARE THE PRIVATE COMPANY BOARDS OF THE YEAR AWARDS?
Private Company Director, Family Business and Directors & Boards present the sixth annual Private Company Boards of the Year awards, which recognize private company boards that best serve their stakeholders — owners, shareholders, employees and community. These boards exhibit best practices in their structure, practices and performance. The award is open to fiduciary or advisory boards of private companies of all sizes and ownership structures.
WHAT CRITERIA ARE USED?
- The board’s involvement in a significant business turnaround.
- The board’s ability to identify and resolve a business crisis.
- The board’s development and execution of a successful CEO succession plan.
- The board’s commitment to continuing excellence through training and board evaluations.
- The board’s evolution to mostly or fully independent members.
- The board’s adherence to the highest governance standards, beyond what’s required by law.
WHO CAN NOMINATE?
The nomination process is simple. Nominations may be made by anyone with knowledge of the board — board members, company executives, company owners and shareholders, advisers to the board, or other colleagues.
All nominations will be vetted by the editorial teams of Private Company Director, Family Business and Directors & Boards with brief phone interviews. A panel of key private company board members and governance experts will review the list of finalists and make the final decision.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION
- The full board will be recognized at an awards presentation during the virtual Private Company Governance Summit 2021 on June 9-11, 2021.
- The board will be profiled in an upcoming issue of Private Company Director.
- The board will receive a trophy for display in the boardroom.
|Nomination deadline: April 2, 2021|